In order for an individual to be ranked by Global Junior Golf Rankings™, they must compete in events that adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must be between the ages of 5-19 years old
- Must have competed in two or more one-day or multi-day stroke play tournaments with the following:
- Total of five players or more in each division
- Completed FOUR 18-hole rounds with a no-stroke-limit rule in place for the 5-19 division
- The event must be completed and the results submitted, within one week, including all matching player information (i.e., name, city, state, and country.)
Rankings are Computed
We use four criteria to compute a player's overall ranking and their ranking within their graduation class.
- Tournament Score (80%)
After all of the tournament results are submitted, the rankings are calculated excluding the 20% of a players scoring differential. This is the average difference of their individual round scores compared to their tournament rounds completed in the last one-year period.
- Head-to-Head (10%)
The number displayed, is the result of a player playing against another competitor in the same GJGR tournament. This criteria counts for 10% of a player's ranking calculation.
- Top-Five Finish (5%)
This criteria displays the finishes for a player. Top-Five Finishes counts 5% in the ranking computation, which means the more tournaments a competitor finishes in the top-five, he receives credit for the Finish.
- Weather (5%)
The weather criteria* will be 5% of a player's ranking calculation and will be determined as follows:
*Based on the average weather during the full tournament. All weather will be verified by a GJGR staff member